At The Grain Mill of Wake Forest, we have a commercial grade stone gristmill from Meadows Mills of Wilkesboro, NC, that our customers can rent while they're at the store, but we don't sell home mills in our store. It's been our experience that you can get a grain mill at a Buy It Now price on eBay or Amazon at a significantly better price than we can offer you. Often times, you can get free shipping on mills from eBay or by using Amazon Prime. Place your mouse on the prices below to view the shipping rate for the item.
There are two minds of thought concerning grain mills. There are those people who use their's weekly if not daily, and those who want a grain mill for emergency preparedness purposes. 70% of our customers who bake two or more times a week use an electric mill called the Nutrimill. The other 30% use either the Wonder/Whisper Mill, Bosch Universal, or some other mill.
For those interested in a manual mill, please consider the Country Living mill. It features a large flywheel which will store a large amount of kinetic energy once you get it started. The flywheel also has a V-notch for the inevitable belt drive that you will attach to it. Why do we say "inevitable"? All hand cranked mills are designed to make you much stronger in a short period of time, especially mills that only have a handled arm rather than a flywheel.
The Grain Mill of Wake Forest recommends ALL new whole grain bakers begin with an electric mill like the Nutrimill. As you become more comfortable with the difference between whole grains and store bought flour, then sell your electric mill on eBay or Craigslist (they maintain their resale value well), and use those funds towards a hand cranked mill if you're so inclined.